Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pitt and Poof - WIZARD Magazine Contest


I remember the 1st time I picked up a Pitt comic. I was blown away with both the art and the storyline, but really enjoyed the art of Dale Keown. I didn't recognize the fact that he had worked on HULK for awhile before introducing his Pitt character to the world, but I became an immediate fan. I was never one for creating a bunch of 'fan work' when it came to existing characters, but I thought I'd give ol' Pitt a try since I really liked his 'look.' The illustration began as a piece for my own personal studio and quickly became a part of a contest that WIZARD Magazine was sponsoring back in '95. I was fortunate not to have to send in my original work at the time since in most cases it was not returned (i.e., my Spidey in his new suit illustration). Although a lot of my family, friends and 'fans' felt that I should have won 1st place in WIZARD's contest, I was happy with being 1 of 4 picked as a 'runner up.' The original piece can be found for purchase at Gotham City Comics on E. Main St in Mesa, AZ.  ~ Wm D.

No comments:

Post a Comment